Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween!


Warning: there are a lot of pics in this post! But I had to capture Halloween, and I think I actually did a good job of narrowing it down. So last Saturday we drove down to the Sorensens and the kids and I spent the day playing and doing Halloween type things. Emma, Shannon, Ingrid and I all made some shrunken heads using apples. I will do a post in a couple of days showing you the progression of mine. I still have to put the hair on them though. And cookies were made, plus Ingrid made this super yummy potato soup. It has been way too long since I've had potato soup. So now I have to make some this week! haha :)

So here's a pic of Calvin and Emma in their finished costumes. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. And very excited that I could do them. I have always wanted to sew. I see fabric and just dream about what I can make. Now I know I can actually make it! I have a super secret project I'm doing with my sewing for all the pregnant ladies in my family. I would tell you about it, but then it wouldn't be a surprise! How many preggies are there out there in my fam, you ask? Erica, Patti, Becca, Carly, Kim, Ingrid, and Jessica. That's 7, but I've also got to make whatever it is I'm making for Heather's little guy, Desmond, too. He is the first born of this baby boom! So that's 8 thing-a-ma-bobs I've got to make. I'm so excited! Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be talking about Halloween. Okay, here is my Peter Pan & Tinkerbell:




Yeah, they look ecstatic, I know. :)




This one was taken at the Ward party down with the Sorensens. I absolutely LOVE it. Have I mentioned how much this little girl adores her Dada? She gets so excited when he gets home from work. Her little legs start kicking, her arms start moving, and she stares at him and make noises at him until he picks her up. It makes my so happy to see this bond between them.




So I made Calvin a big pumpkin-shaped pancake (not too different from a normal pancake, except for the stem of course). I tried putting a pumpkin face on it, but I don't think that turned out too well. Though Calvin loved it and that's all that matters.




Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.......................Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh




Chooo!!!!!!!




For lunch: mac n cheese (because it's orange!!! haha, I'm very original) with Johnny's Seasoning Salt, and pepper on it.




Making another pumpkin craft




All done!




Had to get a pic by this one that we did awhile ago too




Pumpkin-shaped pizza for dinner. (And again, the only real difference in shape on this is the stem...)




See this stem? It was yummy. I used whole wheat flour for the crust, it was amazing!




Getting ready to Trick or Treat! Showing me his bat bag that he says will scare real bats away




"Spooky Halloween!" (for those of you who don't know; Calvin said Halloween isn't supposed to be 'Happy', it's supposed to be bad, creepy, and spooky. So 'Spooky Halloween' and 'Bad, Creepy Halloween' were what he said to everyone)






Me and Tinkerbell :) She had a lot of fun being outside, watching everyone. She just sat there making all kinds of happy noises.



Checking out his haul






Emma trying to steal Calvin's candy




I gave her a spoon to play with instead Aren't those cute jammies? I got them at Wal Mart last year for a couple of bucks when they clearanced all the Halloween stuff.






And Calvin and Dada enjoying some lollipops! Aaron had to patrol, we got to walk with him during the trick or treating for a little bit. Then a lost little boy needed help finding his mom, so we parted ways after that. All part of being a cop though. And I'm so glad that they were able to help that little guy. If he was my son, I would have been worried sick. I love that the Air Force provides that service. There were a ton of cops walking around last night ready to help anyone that needed it.

I noticed in this post that while we did a lot of pumpkin themed crafts and food this year, we forgot to do anything with Calvin's pumpkin! Maybe we'll do some late pumpkin carving this week ;)

When we got home from Trick or Treating, we put Cinderella on. And Calvin helped hand out candy to the trick or treaters that came to our door. He loved it. Watching him, ahh, my boy is just so cute. I have been blessed with two amazing children and one awesome husband. I am so glad that we are with Aaron this year. Just wish I could be with the rest of my family too. I love and miss you guys!

4 comments:

  1. it looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE their costumes, maybe next year you could help me make costumes for my kids ;)
    -kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. I love each picture & could visualize your 'creepy Halloween'!! Thanks once again for telling us a story with your camera!! LUallthedays! Gma &Gpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie...

    Sounds like you all had a fun Halloween Season!

    Love the "AAAHHHH Choooooo!" Pics lol....And the Mac and Cheese...YUMMY With Season Salt and Pepper, the only way I eat it...

    We sure miss you all....So proud of you...
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsie, I would love to! That would be so fun :)

    Gma, love u guys too!

    Mom, I know, the sneezing pics cracked me up so I needed to put them up so everyone could get a chuckle :) Love and miss u too!

    ReplyDelete