Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Banana Bread & a Dress

So, Emma is now at the stage of blowing out a couple times a day. To the point where sometimes I just throw the onesies away, especially if it's a HUGE blowout. (TMI? lol) Well, one of those particular times, a thought occured to me. I don't need to throw it away, I can cut it in half and make a dress with the non-soiled part of the onesie. So, I cut it an inch or so above the blowout spot, and sat down and made a dress for Emma. What do you think?





I love it! It's a longer dress, which I've been needing since it's so cold here in Utah. Which also means she'll be able to wear it for awhile. And it's knit, so it's super comfy for Emma. I did kind of rush through it because I had a bunch of other things to do. Next time I will take a little more time on it, get my stitches to look more professional and whatnot. But for the time it took (like, half an hour), I'm pretty happy with it. And Emma looks amazing in it! But she looks amazing in everything :)

And today we had some bananas that needed to be used up before they got too mushy, so we made banana bread! Calvin is such a good helper in the kitchen.

Here he is helping stir the dry ingredients. Don't ask why his eyes look all milky, if you couldn't tell by some of the pics with Emma, my camera is being off today.

Calvin mixing, and Emma with a crazy look in her eye while she chews on Calvin's saw, lol. It's kinda scaring me.....

Ready to go in the oven! I don't know what happened to my bread pan, so muffins it was!

And here is the finished product, yum! The sides look a little darker in this pic than they are, mainly because I drizzled honey over the top of the muffins so they were wet. So so good! I have to tell myself not to eat them all. I can make a meal out of banana bread!

I'm sorry I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I just found my camera last night. And I like to have pics in my posts. But now that I have found it I can start posting again! Yay!

So I am really liking Aaron's new schedule. The most he works is 3 days in a row every other week. Then it's two days in a row for all of his other work days with at least 2 days off in between. It goes like this, whatever days he works one week, he won't work them the next week. So if he works Monday and Tuesday one week, he has it off the next. Last weekend was his 3 day work schedule, so this weekend he has 3 days off. Yay! But he does work tomorrow, and since we only have one vehicle, me and the kiddos have to stay at home. We were going to go down to the Sorensens.

But my mom is coming next week and she had a great suggestion to do a Thanksgiving dinner when she comes! I think I might have to take her up on it :)

In other news, Emma loves peas. She also loves to scream - happy or mad, or sad. That's how she gets her point across, lol. Silly girl. And she also really REALLY wants to crawl, and we've been working on it. She gets frusterated but keeps on trying. I don't think it will take too long for her to figure it out. Right now she gets around by rolling from her back to her stomach. It's pretty funny when she all of the sudden rolls on to her tummy and there's something there she wasn't expecting. Her head moves back and she gets this shocked look on her face. Love it!

Calvin is as rambunctious as ever. Running, building, destroying, flying, he does it all! Where he gets his energy, I don't know. But I need some. :)

Glad to be posting on here again, and I promise I will post again much sooner this time!

4 comments:

  1. My Katie did...

    3 comments... well maybe 4!!LOL)(or 5or6)

    1..I am so proud of you & your accomplishments on the dress..THERE IS NO DOUBT EMMA LOVES IT.. & SHE IS PROUD OF IT TO..
    2..I can see that Calvin is gonna be the next "COOK" in the family..It reminds me of the pic. when he was helping gma make blackberry cobbler!
    3..I am a little concerned with Emma's choice of cooking aid!..with all of those beautiful cooking tools in the back ground of her mama's!! LOL..
    4..And the muffins look so yummy!!! May I have
    your receipt madam?
    5..PS:
    I'm mailing Calvin & Emma's Christmas box early.. (this week-end)..They can open it when they get it..& not wait until Christmas because it's something for the whole season!!
    (a note for mom..it's exchangable @ wal-mart.)
    6..Katie I cannot look into the eyes of your babies & not feel that I am looking into their souls!! Some how you capture that on your camera!
    ONCE AGAIN...you told a story of Emma's dress with your camera!! Thanks K-K..
    iloveyouallthe days! gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What An Adorable Dress...And A Brilliant Idea!
    And Looks Like Some Yummy Muffins Too!
    Love You...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma, thank you! I can't wait to give the kids their presents, I'm sure they will love them :) I love you so much! And you too Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydnie is having tons of poopy blow outs too! infact she had one at my mom's house today, and I didn't bring any extra clothes! We should get together next week so we can talk about how our daughters like to have poopy blow outs, and maybe calvin and micah can play too :)

    ReplyDelete